|Back to Back Issues Page|
Overseas Filipinos, Issue #004 -- Writing a Good Resume and More!
November 09, 2012
THE Newsletter for OFWs, Filipino Immigrants Worldwide
Overseas Filipinos brings you the latest updates to useful tips, stories and anything best for OFWs, Filipino Immigrants and their families.
If you like this e-zine, please do some friends and me a big favor and "pay it forward" by forwarding it to them.
If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting...
Issue #004, 9 November 2012
It is November, and the weather in the Philippines starts to become cold, which reminds everyone that Christmas is in the air. The long Christmas season starts this month with the lighting of thousands of Christmas lights in Makati Central Business District and the giant Christmas tree in Araneta Center in Cubao.
November also marks the end of typhoon season in the Philippines. Typhoons and strong rains usually hit the Philippines until October. Manila and some parts of the country were flooded in different occasions last month due to incessant rains.
The Caribbean, the United States and Canada also saw the devastation wrought by hurricane Sandy. My thoughts go out to everyone who has been hit by Sandy. I’m sending you my best and hope that this month’s newsletter is soothing. :)
Here are the new pages this month...
1) Tips for a Good Resume Writing a good resume puts you closer to your dream job abroad as an Overseas Filipino Worker. What makes a good resume depends on good resume objectives, resume action words and other things.
2) National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance Online Application The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration requires the NBI clearance to complete your application on overseas job openings. The new NBI e-clearance system allows you to apply for the clearance online. Learn how to apply online here.
3) Sending Money to the Philippines: Compare Costs, Speed and Exchange Rates I found a website that compares the services of international money transfer companies for sending money to the Philippines. This is based in the United Kingdom but Overseas Filipino Workers and immigrants from 83 other countries can use it as well.
4) Condominiums in Manila: Affordable Mid-Rise Condo in Quezon City A three-building condo project near SM North and Trinoma offers a decongested space and unique lifestyle for Overseas Filipinos. Manila real estate is this affordable with the center of Quezon City within reach in 20 minutes or less. Savor a different lifestyle without the high price tag associated with other condos in Manila.
The last few months saw an increased submission of questions about working abroad by other visitors of the site. Because of limited time, I could not answer all questions.
Please take some time to read the questions below. Writing your short answers to the questions you are familiar with will help the askers and other visitors a lot. If you know a friend who does know an answer or two, please forward this to your friend.
2) Filipino Tourist Looking For A Job In Italy
3) Duty Free Incentives For Filipino OFWs In Saudi
5) Filipina needs help to get police clearance in Dubai, UAE
6) Filipina and UAE Nationals Marrying Each Other
That's it for now.
See you next month,
|Back to Back Issues Page|